Photo Layout is a simple workflow desktop application for users that do all their printing in-house.
It allows users to collate a batch of different sized photos to generate a collage of photos on a sheet of paper for printing. Its main aim is to maximise the print area on a sheet of printing paper.
Simple Workflow Steps
- All photos are sized to final print output using Lightroom / Photoshop. Eg 6x4, 5x7, 10x12..etc
- Open Photo Layout and drag photos into Photo Layout.
- Adjusted Settings as required and press Preview.
- Adjust output Settings and press Save.
- Output file/s (collage of all images) can now be printed.
- Automatically lays out your photos into the output size as per the dimensions set.
- Uses several algorithms to achieve this (there will be more algorithms to come)
- Allows for input photo resizing (keeps ratio)
- Set photo margins
- Set page size, margins and DPI
- Add crop marks for cutting
- Embed colour profiles (for OSX only)
Default view of the app. From here, you'll drag your final images over into the navigation section.
Once you drag in your images, it will show you their default size. You'll be able to update them here if you'd like, but I suggest you do all your file updates prior to this stage.
Clicking on Preview will give you a preview of what the output file will look like. Notice in this one, the crop marks are set and the margins have changed. You'll be able to select your output settings, such as the filename prefix (testprint01.jpg) and colour profile (for OSX only at the moment).
Hitting Save, you'll be prompted for a location to save your final images.
The images will be generated and saved into your selected location.
- 64-bit versions of the application to allow for larger output files
- Improving the look and feel for the Windows version
- Version 1.2.0
- Version 1.1.9
- DMG for OSX and an Installer for Windows
- Version 1.1.5
- Version 1.1.4
- Version 1.1.3
- Simple proxy settings are in the Preferences for Activation
- It is possible to set the scaling default size of an imported photo in the Preferences
- e.g. the photo is 12in x 8in, but after importing, it can be forced to be 6in x 4in
- This is a 32-bit app only. It will have issues when your final page size is too big (greater than 70in x 70in for example)
- The output image is watermarked
Buy a license
Add to Cart
- Please note that the license key is tied to your paypal email address.
Note: The Windows download is an executable installer. Chrome and IE will prompt you that there aren't enough downloads for it to be considered safe. You can ignore this message.